In our next issue
Toolmaking and machine building:
Better fuel economy through lighter vehicles
The lighter a vehicle, the farther it travels on a litre of fuel. That’s the driver behind four new projects designed to reduce the weight of vehicle components. The projects are being conducted under the auspices of the Lightweight Materials Consortium. Four projects will be carried out: Lightweight brakes, Carbon coating, Reduced magnesium corrosion and Tooling for extruding alloys.
- Economy of 3D-printing
- New Hoffmann Group catalogues
- Turning head for efficient small and medium series manufacturing
Manufacturing and Logistics:
SCHUNK expands its modular direct clamping system
SCHUNK VERO-S quick-change pallet modules offer a wide range of benefits for direct clamping of workpieces with no positioning features. SCHUNK has also expanded its modular system so the efficient principle is also useful for tool and mould making and casting of free-form parts with complex geometries, small batches and high precision.
- 100% quality control and flexibility in manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 brings significant benefits!
- BionicCobot – operating principle and potential use for safe and ergonomic workspaces of the future
The future of cars is coming
The list of attendees at the ENGEL trend.scaut 2017 reads like a who’s who of international automotive industry. More than 500 development and production managers, managing directors and market analysts attended the two-day conference at the end of June in Linz and St. Valentin, Austria, where they discussed trends and challenges, presented new technologies and shared their visions for the future. “The very positive feedback from the attendees confirms once again how important this event is. trend.scaut is one of the leading network meetings for decision-makers in the auto industry,” summed it up Dr. Christoph Steger, Chief Sales Officer with the event’s host ENGEL AUSTRIA.
- Ultramid and Ultradur top column module for BMW 3 to 7 series
- FIPA grippers handle the most sensitive injection moulded products
- New Ewikon hot runners for demanding technical products
Maintenance and technical diagnostics:
In the next issue of IRT3000 magazine, we will present a process and equipment for residual gas measurement and analysis. Pfeiffer as a leading provider will present its mass spectrometer, an indispensable tool for residual gas analysis, which reduces the operating costs and improves productivity.
- Nursery school of lubrication
- Maintenance school
- Cleaning methods in manufacturing
- Electronics in diagnostics and maintenance
Ars Electronica 2017 festival
We are going to visit the festival of science, technology, art and society in Linz. This year’s main theme “Artificial Intelligence - The Other I” once again poses questions about the accumulation of scientific and economic power, relocating scientific research from the elite universities and defence industry into the expanding private sector. The society’s expectations are high. Deep learning, smart digital assistants, autonomous mobile robots and self-learning neural networks provide fertile grounds for the venture capital invested into successful technologies and promising innovations.
- Spirites, the smallest satellite orbiting Earth
- Laser technology – hope for treatment of hematologic conditions
Joining, materials and technologies
Joining, Cutting and Surfacing fair in Düsseldorf
Joining, Cutting and Surfacing fair to be held from 25–29 September 2017 in Düsseldorf will showcase the latest innovations in joining, cutting and surface treatment, as well as solutions and vision for future welding technologies. The exhibitors will display new innovative technologies, additive manufacturing technologies and IT in manufacturing, with a focus on Industry 4.0.
- Stainless filler materials - challenge or classics
- Manufacturing special components for the automotive industry
- Additive manufacturing technologies at the 25th International Conference on Materials and Technology